Pages

Friday 5 April 2024

The zero carbon off switch is the tech to go for



Mini LED vs OLED: which TV screen technology is better?

The world of TVs can be a confusing place. OLED, QLED, LED, LCD, Mini LED, MicroLED... the list goes on. We're here to demystify these terms, and explain what they actually mean for you, the viewer.

This time it's the turn of OLED and Mini LED. We'll explain both screen technologies and see how they compare so that when it comes time to buy a new TV, you'll know which is best for you.

2 comments:

dearieme said...

Our TV history:

When I met my future wife she owned a tiny black-&-white Italian telly. Then I was gifted a slightly larger b&w telly for my flat by, I think, my sister.

About a dozen years later my mother was visiting us and said she couldn't abide a small b&w screen, especially for the snooker. She bought us a decent-sized colour CRT telly.

Then, decades later, my daughter and her husband despaired of this antique and bought us a flat screen modern telly - he set it up so I have no idea what it offers beyond free-to-air broadcasts. I watch only rugby, football, whodunnits, and the vet stories from Yorkshire, so it doesn't matter what other things it's capable of.

You will see we've not spent much on tellies. We have been nearly as frugal on cars. It's a way of life that I recommend.

A K Haart said...

dearieme - we had no telly during the early years of married life but then we were given a colour CRT one where snooker ball colours didn't quite overlap the shape of the ball. That lasted for years, but now we have two flat screen things for the grandkids. We usually go for weeks without watching anything though.