Pages

Monday 29 April 2024

The centenarian bug



Woman, 101, is mistaken for a BABY because American Airlines' computer system can't accept that she was born in 1922 and not 2022 - as she jokes 'they thought I was a child and I'm an old lady!'

  • A 101-year-old woman flying from Chicago to Marquette was mistaken for a baby
  • Cabin crew expected her to be an infant due to an error with the booking system

I've sometimes wondered about this. If I'm unlucky enough to become a centenarian, will the problem be sorted out? I can't say it preys on my mind, but it flits across it when writing down my birth date. 

Fortunately we have the NHS to reduce still further the chances of it becoming a problem.

5 comments:

Doonhamer said...

Woman 101. A course that I always fail. Keep repeating the tutorials.

Sam Vega said...

If and when you get that telegram from the Caliph, just self-identify as a younger person. Don't overdo it, or you'll lose your pension of course. Don't let anyone tell you that you don't have the right to self-define your gender, sexuality, race, height, weight, and age. It will help if you could move to Scotland before then.

A K Haart said...

Doonhamer - it's a lifelong course, you never get the certificate.

Sam - good idea, I'll identify as being a few years over retirement age, although by then retirement age may be 90.

Bucko said...

But did she get a free child place?

A K Haart said...

Bucko - she probably got to sit in the pilot's seat.