Pages

Monday 1 May 2023

World-famous names



BBC announces more world-famous names for Coronation Concert

The concert, produced by BBC Studios Productions, will feature artists including Paloma Faith, Steve Winwood, Lang Lang and Nicole Scherzinger, whilst stars including Tom Cruise, Dame Joan Collins and Sir Tom Jones will appear via video message.

The eclectic mix of artists are part of the line-up alongside previously announced performers including Take That, Lionel Richie, Katy Perry, Andrea Bocelli, Sir Bryn Terfel, Freya Ridings, Alexis Ffrench and a collaboration of five Royal patronages.

All of them dedicated to making the world a better place I suppose - otherwise I'm sure they wouldn't be there. Unfortunately I've never heard of the majority of world-famous people in this piece but I don't feel bad about it. Curmudgeons are not supposed to include themselves in this kind of thing. 

6 comments:

DiscoveredJoys said...

...ugh ...ngpmh Sorry I nodded off for a moment.

The Jannie said...

For me, the music is the big draw: mind you, Crown Imperial will be a nono to appease the woke brigade. Similarly, Zadok the priest will get the chop to kowtow to shouty Palestinians. The girlies are sure to watch but these leaks/announcements about slebs make it less and less likely that I'll bother.

Scrobs. said...

Steve Winwood is the only name that gets my vote out of that lot, and as I won't be watching the 'concert', I can nod off to a little tincture of the grape variety...

A K Haart said...

DJ - I woke up long enough to catch the gist of it. Apparently the chap who runs the BBC, somebody called Barry Lineker who used to sell crisps, has arranged a concert for old Charlie Windsor who became well known for writing letters nobody read. I think that's it.

Jannie - it all sounds very BBC to me - nauseatingly PC.

Scrobs - nodding off sounds like the best approach.

Sam Vega said...

It looks like a list painfully drawn up by some tedious committee on inclusivity. Terms of reference: to ensure that HRH is associated with the broadest possible range of groups, communities, ages, sexual preferences, and cultures.

God help us all.

A K Haart said...

Sam - yes, God help us all. It's horrible.