Pages

Wednesday 17 May 2023

The evidence is quite clear



It's cloudy, dull and chilly here in Derbyshire this morning. The heat isn't on in the house, but I'm wearing lots of warm clothing, pretty much the same type of clothing I wore in the middle of winter.

It is obvious enough that some people aren't emitting their fair share of CO2 to kickstart the global warming we've been promised by our new King. Yet Mrs H and I were out in the car on each of the previous three days, so we are certainly contributing our share of fine weather gas.

The only possible conclusion is that some people out there have been walking or cycling instead of driving. Harsh words I know, but the evidence is quite clear.

4 comments:

Sam Vega said...

I read a piece in the Daily Mail by meteorologist Tomasz Schafernaker a couple of days ago. It was on why it is so cold, miserable, and wet this Spring.

His answer was that we were reverting to a typical UK spring. We only thought it was cooler because we have got used to the revved-up global warming Springs of the past few years.

I don't remember these typical Springs, but I definitely prefer the warmer ones.

A K Haart said...

Sam - he may be right, but an equally likely factor is the cost of heating at a time when the house isn't quite warm enough to be comfortable in the evening. I remember Spring as very variable with some fine days, but this year we seem to have more cloudy days. The stats will probably tell us there is nothing unusual going on.

Anonymous said...

All is not lost ! In more ways than one !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGe9B00mqWE

Rick

A K Haart said...

Rick - thanks, that's encouraging. I've bookmarked it because the channel looks interesting too.