Pages

Saturday 20 May 2023

BBC - much mocked for not moving with the times.



Kuenssberg: Why 'boomer' Schwarzenegger won't wait to tackle climate change

"I myself am a boomer! I'm, like, horrible!"

There's something a bit unexpected about one of the most famous people on the planet using what's become a term of abuse about themselves instead of choreographed gushing about their latest project.

But Arnold Schwarzenegger's path in life has been unexpected, and unprecedented: celebrity bodybuilder; Hollywood action hero; Republican Party governor of California; climate campaigner.

Technically, he is indeed one of the post-war generation - the baby boomers, much mocked for not moving with the times.

Nitwits leave themselves wide open. One obvious comment on not moving with the times would be "BBC licence fee."

3 comments:

Scrobs. said...

Well, I've learned something today!

I always thought Arnold was a Democrat, but as I never watched any of his films, or bothered to listen to any of his stuff, it's understandable really...

That's the joy of ignoring the MSM these days, normal life just goes on uninterupted!

Sam Vega said...

The BBC actually reminds me of some old people in my village. Wealthy, powerful and deeply conservative; yet with some pathetic attempts to pretend how radical they are. One expects people in their 90s to be a bit senile.

A K Haart said...

Scrobs - Arnold may as well be a Democrat if he's playing the climate game. I find the main value of the MSM is blog posts - nothing else.

Sam - G.K. Chesterton once wrote that the upper crust always want to appear radical as they see political novelty as a luxury they can afford. Effectively luxury opinions rather than the old ones everyone can afford.