Pages

Sunday 30 April 2023

Another dull bloke with fantasies



The exact words every Brit will be asked to say out loud during King Charles' Coronation

Whole country will be told to swear allegiance to new king when watching ceremony on TV...

The order of service will read: “All who so desire, in the Abbey, and elsewhere, say together:

I swear that I will pay true allegiance to Your Majesty, and to your heirs and successors according to law. So help me God.”

What kind of allegiance is implied here? Presumably a lunatic allegiance to Net Zero, no car, public transport only, minimal winter heating, restricted travel, a meatless diet and so on and so on. A wildly deranged, open-ended political allegiance in other words. 

Charles burned his political boats long ago, I'll be doing something else.

6 comments:

The Jannie said...

I'll be watching and listening for the music! That hinges, of course, on whether I can stand the horrors to be expected in the bad broadcasting company commentary

Doonhamer said...

I believe that Queen Elizabeth liked her subjects. And most of them loved her.
I have seen no evidence that the same is true for Charles. He comes across as a petty, adulterous, bad tempered pen abuser.

Tammly said...

I'm watching the coronation on tv with friends. I owe Charles the Mad no allegiance and intend to mock.

A K Haart said...

Jannie - I'd rather not dwell on the bad broadcasting company commentary and how unctuous it is bound to be. It's not for me.

Doonhamer - that's a good point and I think you are right, he doesn't like us but his mother probably did.

Tammly - it's a risk, you may have to resist throwing something at the tv. Could be tough.

dearieme said...

I've seen none of the previous coronations and I shall treat not seeing them as a hallowed tradition. Anyway he's a very silly boy.

On the other hand his job is to be Nottoniblair and he'll do that OK.

A K Haart said...

dearieme - ha ha, he is a very silly boy and I suppose that means he can't possibly be Blair and that's a good thing.