Pages

Thursday 30 November 2023

A light sprinkling



There has been a very light sprinkling of climate collapse here in Derbyshire this morning. Rather picturesque it is, with parked cars on the street all white.

It's a good job we have COP28 to tell us about these things and show us what to do about it. If we had a private jet in the garage I'd pop over there to lend my support.

Oh well, fifteen minutes from now I'll be thinking about these crucial matters as I remove the ice from the car windscreen just before we set off on the school run. I don't know why we have a 4x4 though, there must be some reason.

5 comments:

Scrobs. said...

Morning AK!

Funnily enogh, we also had a small sprinkling of climate emergency down here, and anyway, I was/am intendinng to go and collect a load more wood - free - from a friend!

All this energy being expended on hoiking thirteen bags into the back of the lowered-seats VW is actually better than a work-out!

Doonhamer said...

Notice that the COP jamboree are not holding their virtue fests in any city with even the the remotest chance of totally unprecedented frost. Those events were embarrassing if you are claiming that the Climate is Boiling.
I hope that someone adjusts their air conditioning. And their private jet ground support generators.

Tammly said...

I heard on the news that secret gas and oil deals are carried out under cover of Cop 26. I love it when the self righteous are undermined!

Sam Vega said...

Apocalyptic scenes on the south coast, too, although it didn't settle - probably because the ground had been over-heated during the hottest ever year. The emergency has also played havoc with my nerves - despite the obvious signs of warming, it felt bloody cold this morning, almost like November in the UK.

A K Haart said...

Scrobs - free wood? That's a bonus this weather but yes, moving loads of it around is certainly warming.

Doonhamer - it would be interesting to know what really goes on behind the climate waffle screen. I'm sure the loons are just there as camouflage.

Tammly - I've heard that too. Seems more than plausible.

Sam - yes the obvious signs of warming are confusing. Only a light dusting of snow here, but it hasn't yet melted off the garage roof so possibly it is some kind of mutant snow caused by the emergency.