Pages

Tuesday 14 December 2021

Monster Raving Loony disappoints



Monster Raving Loony North Shropshire by-election candidate on second jobs and key priorities

Will you take any second jobs if you are elected as MP for North Shropshire, and do you believe MPs should be prevented from taking second jobs/consultancy roles?

I would not take a second job if I was returned as the MP for Shropshire North.

My only job would be looking after my constituents.

Consultancy roles should be outlawed, but if a GP or such should win, no reason why he should have to resign his job.

What are the biggest problems facing the constituency and what would you say needs to be done to address them?

The biggest problem for Shropshire North is finding the right person that they can believe in, I believe that I am that man. Re-phrase, I know that I am that man!

A lost opportunity to say something worthwhile. As a supposed political lunacy expert, has he not noticed some rather obvious examples of political lunacy going on under his nose? Not that he expects to be taken seriously, but having nothing to lose does offer some obvious opportunities.

8 comments:

Sam Vega said...

Yes, there is a strand in English culture where satire and humour just tip over into pointless silliness. Why not use the opportunity to have his say? I suspect he has nothing to say, and that acting deadpan all these years has robbed the Monster Raving Loony lot of any satirical edge. I would have hoped that as the politicians got worse, the satirists would have more opportunities. Apparently not so.

A K Haart said...

Sam - it's odd because satire targets are so obvious and numerous. Maybe the cultural mood makes satire more difficult because being virtuously offended can be such a viciously effective defence.

Scrobs. said...

Always worth watching again...

I think one of the 'names' mentioned actually exists on Guido or somewhere...

https://vimeo.com/617416334

James Higham said...

What I find extraordinary is how any Tory voter can possibly see the high taxing, Woke, globalist, tofu and soy munching Lib-Dums as any sort of alternative. I can see dissident Labour going for them but Conservative voters? The only way they can vote if they want to give De Pfeffel a kicking is Kirsty Walkley.

Nessimmersion said...

I find it curious that people think GPs are somehow useful given their track record over the past 2 years, yet actual real contributory other jobs are not to be allowed.
Curious isn't it?
I'd prefer MP to be a part time position reserved to those over 50 with sufficient income and experience from success in the real world before telling the rest of us what to do.
Less careering as it were.

A K Haart said...

Scrobs - yes, always worth watching again.

James - after all that has happened I don't see any alternatives within the HoC. We need new parties, but most of all we need better people.

Nessimmersion - our GPs are hopeless and yes, I'd prefer MPs to be over 50 with adequate experience behind them.

dearieme said...

Pitt the Younger did pretty well.

A K Haart said...

dearieme - good point. I wonder if he'd have squeezed past Boris in the selection committee.