Pages

Thursday 16 December 2021

Recall Notice



We recently received a recall notice for a batch of face masks bought from Amazon during the coronavirus debacle. Apparently the masks have failed an EU test because they don't trap anywhere near enough airborne particles.

Gosh I didn't spot how useless they were. They barely restricted my breathing, didn't absorb much moisture and didn't cause my spectacles to fog up in cold weather. I thought that was down to clever design. 

This summer I cleaned out the garage, a dusty job for which I used one of my DIY masks. I certainly wouldn't have used one of the recall batch. Can't think why, just a feeling I had.

4 comments:

Scrobs. said...

Link takes me elsewhere, AK, so I'll just agree to save time!

I really did notice more masks around this morning, but as chums were conversing a bit louder, breathing heavier at each other, etc., they do seem to be a useless addition to the Autumn gilet as it's so warm at the moment!

I've lost my home-made masks anyway...

A K Haart said...

Scrobs - oops - thanks, links corrected. From what I see most people use cloth masks with no certified pore size or any other form of standardisation. Virtually useless except as compliance signals.

dearieme said...

Aw, cheer up. AK. The surgical masks are useless too.

A K Haart said...

dearieme - but they do hide the surgeon's facial expression whenever there is an 'oops' moment. They also allow filmmakers to focus on the eyes and the beads of perspiration.