Pages

Sunday 3 September 2023

Escape Route



Today we came across a chap who sells table lamps. He makes them from all kinds of discarded items such as an old wood plane, a bathroom tap and lengths of copper tubing. It's the industrial, upcycled, repurposed look and certainly imaginative, but lots of people are doing it so I don't know how successful he'll be.

Mrs H heard him tell someone he'd been a primary school headmaster for some time but with Ofsted and all the pressures he'd finally had enough. He appeared to be in his forties - I hope he succeeds in his new venture.

6 comments:

Sam Vega said...

Next time you see him, say "That lamp requires improvement", and see if you can provoke a reaction.

James Higham said...

Might be very nice, some of those I'm thinking.

A K Haart said...

Sam - or I could ask "now then, where did that tap come from Watkins?"

A K Haart said...

James - one was particularly good, lots of tubing and three matching lights and shades.

Tammly said...

I loathe these sort of things. Pity he couldn't establish something useful like a factory or independent school or even become a private tutor.

A K Haart said...

Tammly - I like to look at the designs, but I'd never buy one. Okay for decorating shops and cafes perhaps. Yes it is a pity he didn't do something more useful and make use of his experience.