Pages

Thursday 16 March 2023

Dodged Shock



Law Roach: Zendaya, Ariana Grande stylist announces shock retirement

Pioneering celebrity stylist Law Roach has announced his retirement, saying his cup was "empty".

Several stars have expressed their shock at the news, with Law's looks being seen as recently as the Oscars.



The main attraction of stories such as this is that I find I'm not at all shocked by the news. I'd go further - it's definitely uplifting to be immune to shocks of this nature and similar shocks which spurt so regularly from celebrity world.

It's dull and cloudy outside, but there is an unshocked spring in my step already.

10 comments:

DiscoveredJoys said...

Indifference is a terrible thing... for a 'Celebrity'.

Bucko said...

Huge if true...

Doonhamer said...

Apart from the first two words, each taken on their own, the first six words of the reported headline mean nothing to me.
Is a Law Roach some kind of sleazy solisitor? Are there some commas missing? Why did the shock retire?

Tammly said...

In the modern vernacular, "you're confusing me with someone who gives a sh#t"

Sam Vega said...

"Yo, kids! It's Auntie Beeb here, down wit' da yoof and rebelling against all that nasty elderly white male patriarchal stuff. When you have stopped being amazed by my understanding of yoof culture and my street cred, come on over to our funky new pages all about the climate disaster, refugees, Europe, and men dressed up as lay-deez. Tell your folks not to worry, that nasty Jimmy Savile has gone, and there's nothing here that can harm you..."

A K Haart said...

DJ - "There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about." Oscar Wilde

Bucko - spotting the difference could be a problem though.

Doonhamer - I think they are names of celebrities, but I don't know who they are or what they do.

Tammly - a good response to quite a chunk of BBC output.

Sam - an' no stabbin' da yoof goin' on here cause it ain't cool.

James Higham said...

Right over my head.

A K Haart said...

James - right over mine too. I'm sure it's a bonus.

wiggiatlarge said...

Television has become the source for nonentity's to be recognised, the amount of veneered tanned botoxed nobodies with no talent heading up shows articles and adverts is at an all time high and I still have no idea or care who they are.

A K Haart said...

Wiggia - what I find odd about those veneered tanned botoxed nobodies is that they don't look like real people. More like computer simulations which one day they will be.