Pages

Thursday 5 January 2023

Life in the dog's bowl



Harry's book leaked: Prince alleges he was physically attacked by William

After the alleged altercation, the Duke of Sussex claims the Prince of Wales told him there was no need to tell Meghan about what had happened – but he did tell her eventually after she noticed "scrapes and bruises" on his back.

"It all happened so fast. So very fast. He grabbed me by the collar, ripping my necklace, and he knocked me to the floor. I landed on the dog's bowl, which cracked under my back, the pieces cutting into me," Harry wrote in the book.

Rather funny that - well done William. To my mind, it raises William's stature as our future king by a couple of notches. As for Harry's stature - flat on his back in the dog's bowl sounds about right.  

7 comments:

dearieme said...

"ripping my necklace". Dear, oh dear. I suppose it would work if delivered by Kenneth Williams.

Doonhamer said...

The necklace? Was it a treasured gift from his mum? Or maybe a token of love from his dominatrix?
We need to know. Yawn.

DiscoveredJoys said...

No sympathy.

And that's spent too much time pondering a reply.

Sam Vega said...

"Harry, how come you have all these scrapes and bruises on your back? They look like someone has scratched you! And where's that necklace I gave you? God, Harry, have you been with another woman?! Tell me!! I need to know! Did you get together with that slut Cressida Bonas while she was back in town?!"

"Look, Meghan, just calm down a bit and I can explain! This isn't going to sound very plausible, but this is what happened. Do you remember the dog bowl we used to have? Well,..."

James Higham said...

Metal dogbowl cracked … I’ll resist the temptation to ask which member of the marriage that was out there for.

Ed P said...

Well done William!

That's the way to treat annoying jumped-up half-blood 'Princes'

A K Haart said...

dearieme - I'm amazed the necklace made it into his book. Not his book is my guess.

Doonhamer - we don't want to know, but it's an interesting word.

DJ - I think there is some unexpected interest. It's a remarkable admission of weakness even if he doesn't see it that way.

Sam - "Okay Harry, if that's your story it's going in my book... I mean your book."

James - and don't mention the lead.

Ed - I agree and I hope the dog's bowl landing was intentional.