Pages

Friday 13 January 2023

Friday - definitely

 

Friday January 13th about 8:30 pm

I've put the day and date up there because Mrs H and I keep thinking that today is Saturday. Usually we have our routines and tend to know what day it is, but for a number of reasons this week has lacked the usual reminders.

We haven't been doing the school run this week, the grandkids aren't here for their usual Friday to Saturday sleepover and because we watch hardly any TV, the box in the corner doesn't tell us what day it is when the news comes on.

This evening, I found myself wondering what we might do tomorrow, asking myself what the weather forecast is for Sunday. Fortunately I hadn't thought of anything to do before realising that tomorrow is Saturday anyway... pauses posting to check the day again.

I'll be pleased when we're back doing the school run on Monday and the days come and go in an orderly fashion... pauses again to check the day before posting... 

2 comments:

Sam Vega said...

I've had an exceptionally busy day and have only found time to read this at 12.15 am on Saturday. So I'm happy to tell you that your problem has solved itself.

A K Haart said...

Sam - phew that's a relief. Being busy does seem to make a difference, with lots of entries in the diary, but this week there has been very little. Maybe I need to go back to work with a diary full of meetings and...

No Perhaps not.