Pages

Sunday 2 January 2022

Leg count



US weekly podcast host Christina Garibaldi: “How has her [Meghan] style evolved since leaving the Royal Family?”

Eloise Moran, an author for Lady Di Look Book replied: “Absolutely yes, it’s evolved, I think we’ve kind of seen her ditch the classic tropes of what it means to be in the Royal Family...

So it’s very kind of young billionaire outfit, and it was kind of in the same way, Princess Diana used to visit New York and she kind of had this very business she wardrobe.

I think she definitely took cues from that, I think we saw that in the black and tan looks that she wore which was a collar palette that Princess Diana was so adopted when she went to New York...

“And in her short dress that she wore to Global citizen concert and it was a Valentina little white shift dress with lot of legs and high heels. I think you can see that there is almost a relief on her and she is a lot of freedom in her style.”

Even if she kind of left the Royal Family behind in an almost relief style sense, she must kind of retain the stuffy old two legs look. Even if she would like to have a lot of  legs and high heels and be kind of young even though she isn't.

6 comments:

dearieme said...

I was an optimist about MM but I admit that my wife's friends were on to her straight away.

Scrobs. said...

All a bit like Mrs Brown's boys but even less funny...

Sam Vega said...

Actually, it says that the dress has a lot of legs. Even though she is restricted to two, (or one or none if she really wants to make a massive lifestyle change for the publicity) I can't see any reason why she shouldn't wear a dress with a lot of legs. They would dangle limply around her, and flap excitingly in a high wind.

Andy said...

There was something about her which flashed warning signs to me. There was a look of smug cat got the cream in her eyes. Subsequent events have not surprised me in the least. They could be using each other in their own way. She to get a leg up the social ladder and he to get back at his family.

James Higham said...

I kind of agree with these.

A K Haart said...

dearieme - to begin with I just assumed she was comfortable with being a royal. Maybe women were quicker at spotting what she is.

Scrobs - I haven't seen it, but odd glimpses suggest you are right.

Sam - and she would be setting a new fashion in leggy dresses. She could even market them.

Andy - I didn't spot what she is at first but yes, they may be using each other for their own ends which are not incompatible.

James - I like agree too.