Pages

Friday 1 April 2022

April 1st



I've toyed with a few April Fool type posts but in a mad world they have to be either silly or a little too close to reality to work.

  • A government wheeze to put oral vaccines in Easter eggs for example. Definitely not.
  • A version of national service where everyone has to spend a year as the opposite gender to encourage tolerance. Nope - much too close to a real possibility that one.
  • A government Happiness and Mindfulness Unit to promote... I couldn't even finish that one, much too nauseating.

Oh well - have a sensible day.

7 comments:

Sam Vega said...

What about our Conservative government closing down useless University departments, defunding the BBC, and stopping illegal immigration?

I know, I know...not remotely plausible.

DiscoveredJoys said...

It used to be that an April Fool was surreal and absurd. Modern life is already surreal and absurd so an intentional April Fool just doesn't stand out.

Tammly said...

We're a long way from the Spaghetti trees! But we've gone in the wrong direction.

Scrobs. said...

David Frost once said that he knew a chap who was a masochist, who loved a feezing cold shower every morning!

So he always took a hot one!

This has absolutely nothing to do with April 1st, but I still think it's funny!

A K Haart said...

Sam - you are right, not remotely plausible and that's depressing.

DJ - that was my conclusion. Not as easy as it used to be.

Tammly - ah those spaghetti trees. I think there is a video of it somewhere on the internet. I'm sure I once stumbled across it.

Scrobs - it is funny but a good excuse too.

Sackerson said...

Your idea #1 - Cadbury's Creme Eggs, to vaccinate the under-11s. Though I still lament to loss of the Border Creme Eggs, with the chocolate fondant filling!

A K Haart said...

Sackers - I don't remember Border Creme Eggs, but a quick web check suggests they were almost addictive.