Pages

Saturday 26 October 2024

Two Headlines



Wes Streeting’s ‘broken’ NHS message risks lives, doctors warn

Wes Streeting’s message on the “broken” NHS is causing patients to avoid seeking help and risking their health, medics have warned.


Nottingham woman 'exhausted' after 30-hour wait in QMC emergency department

A Nottingham woman was left exhausted after she had to wait in a city emergency room for 30 hours before she was admitted onto a ward. Samantha Smith, 29, presented to Queen's Medical Centre (QMC) A&E at the advice of her GP with high fever, upper abdominal pain, severe fatigue and blood in urine.

4 comments:

The Jannie said...

Pardon me if I've ranted this before: The Notional Health Service is a top-heavy, self centred bureaucracy which has been allowed - or instructed - to lose sight of the reasons for its existence.

A K Haart said...

Jannie - pardon me if I've agreed before, but I agree. I must remember to call it the Notional Health Service too.

DiscoveredJoys said...

I've said before that the NHS has been captured by the 'interests' of its bureaucrats, doctors and nurses. It happens in most organisations after a number of decades. Patients are reduced to 'work units' flowing through the approved pathways at an agreeable pace.

A K Haart said...

DJ - I think you've also mentioned, and I agree, the natural age limit of such organisations as they approach a kind of sclerotic senility. It's too old, beyond the reach of limited reform.