Pages

Monday 20 January 2020

No other option




Says the chap who once had more options in his life than most of us see in a lifetime. Mrs H, who is perceptive about such matters thinks Harry's main underlying problem is that he is dim and I agree. Harry's position was no gilded cage - he could have devoted his life to any number of causes and activities.

The cage he seems to have entered quite willingly is that woke and whiny culture where rational discourse is forbidden on pain of excommunication. Harry gives the impression that he could have risen above such absurdities. It's a pity he never did, but as things stand we'll forget him and move on until the divorce.

3 comments:

Sam Vega said...

The Royals are normally intellectually capable of following a simple unvarying script. That's why they do ceremonial duties and join the forces. None of them have ever excelled or even succeeded at anything else. Remember Edward and the career in the media?

I feel a bit sorry for this poor lummox. He'll be like a well-bred golden Labrador let loose on the streets of Calcutta.

Scrobs. said...

While continuing to admire Her Maj, and Prince 'bugger orf' Philip, I've lost interest in most of the others up there.

I still think Sophie is one of the most gorgeous ladies I've ever seen, and also reckon that Viscount Linley does a pretty good job in his furniture business, which went rocky on occasions like anyone else's might suffer.

The rest will just carry on spending my meagre taxes, and while I still have a blood pressure, it won't make any difference moaning about them.

I hope Harry and Renault Megane just fade off somewhere, to a place where they can be forgotten and normal people can get on with village life.

A K Haart said...

Sam - I feel a bit sorry for him too. He doesn't appear to have a reliable mentor but does appear to need one.

Scrobs - I suppose they never intended to fade off somewhere, but don't have much to offer now.