Pages

Saturday 12 December 2020

Tell it as it is

 




A video on issues around the Emily Jones horror story, one I originally watched before moving on to other things, but perhaps worth revisiting. 

From about 1:35 - "I have no idea at all why we are importing mad Albanians." 

Indeed, and I have no idea at all why this question isn't asked more loudly and asked again and again until something is done. Something more substantive than "lessons learned" of course. As usual I'm not holding my breath. 

4 comments:

wiggiatlarge said...

Until about eighteen months ago I had a deputy chief constable as a neighbour, who was part of the anti terrorism squad at the time.
In a discussion after the Ilford murders by an Albanian drug gang I was told how they are the most vicious of all those who come here to commit crime, murder and torture were just part of the way they operate and they simply did not care.
What I never got was a reason they were seemingly never deported or stopped from entering the country, it appeared that the HRA and the EU directives that we still follow have a large say in all this, and that trumps any common sense.

A K Haart said...

Wiggia - interesting. Bureaucracies don't want to resolve problems such as this. It seems cynical to say so but they don't. Otherwise the workload goes down.

Sam Vega said...

Wiggia - my guess is that nobody at any level has the courage to state it clearly. Local coppers and politicians are all too fearful of being labelled as racist.

My guess is that in most other countries - including the crims' countries of origin - the local coppers would have sorted this out extra-judicially.

A K Haart said...

Sam - decades ago we had a retired police sergeant working at our lab as a sampler. He told us a police service story about a spate of local burglaries where they knew who the burglar was. One evening a few big coppers collared him, took him somewhere quiet, beat him up and told him not to do it again. He reformed.