Pages

Friday 7 February 2020

The open road





Yesterday we took the MX5 out for a trip to Bakewell. No particular reason but it was a fine morning and with the top down and a blue sky above it was bound to be enjoyable. Padded jackets, gloves and a woolly hat to keep the head from freezing and off we go. The car thermometer said 2°C but with heated seats and the heater on it wasn’t cold.

From the hills above Matlock we could see the Derwent valley full of fluffy white mist as it often is on a cold morning. One day I’ll remember to bring my camera but not this time. As we drove down the valley the car thermometer fell to -1°C which for us is a record for open top motoring. May as well enjoy it while we can – that’s our attitude.

3 comments:

Sackerson said...

FYI I post your feed on BOM now - thanks for all the pieces you have put on there!

Scrobs. said...

What a way to enjoy yesterday's gorgeous weather!

I spent a happy morning cutting back a whole pyracantha hedge, and was stabbed a thousand times in the process...

I wish I had an MX5 and had done what you did instead of that!

(My old boss bought one of the first MXs with the rotary engine in 1980, and the first thing he did was to prang it in Manchester...)

A K Haart said...

Sackers - thanks for that - it has been a while unfortunately.

Scrobs - surely the best way to cut back a whole pyracantha hedge is down to ground level and start again. I wish I'd done that with our hawthorn.