Pages

Sunday, 13 September 2026

Diversity doesn't mean political diversity



Reform could face action over £72m crypto donations, Rayner warns


Angela Rayner has suggested Reform UK could face action over two mega donations to the party under new laws being pushed through parliament.

The housing secretary was reacting to £72m in donations from two crypto billionaires – Ben Delo and Christopher Harborne – for Nigel Farage’s party given on Friday and Saturday in two lumps of £36m.

With fears that the cash from billionaires could distort British politics, Ms Rayner warned that Reform should not count on keeping all the money as new law Labour is pushing through parliament will be “backdated” to cover all donations from March this year.



As for me, I will believe in no belief that does not make itself manifest by outward signs. I will think no preaching sincere that is not recommended by the practice of the preacher.

Anthony Trollope - Barchester Towers (1857)

1 comment:

DiscoveredJoys said...

Retrospective laws are generally regarded as a bad thing. They could easily be presented as 'politically motivated'. I wonder if a legal challenge could be mounted?