Mahmood ‘laser-like focused’ on securing UK’s border
The Home Secretary was touring the National Crime Agency’s offices in Stratford, east London.
Home Secretary Shabana Mahmood said she was “laser-like focused” and will do “whatever it takes” to secure the country’s border, as she toured the National Crime Agency’s (NCA) offices in Stratford, east London.
Speaking to reporters on Sunday afternoon, Ms Mahmood said: “I think the most important thing that people need to hear from their Home Secretary is that I’m doing whatever it takes to secure our border.
“And that is what I’ve been absolutely laser-like focused on from the moment I became the Home Secretary, taking all of the measures that I know are needed in order to secure our border.”
Home Secretary Shabana Mahmood said she was “laser-like focused” and will do “whatever it takes” to secure the country’s border, as she toured the National Crime Agency’s (NCA) offices in Stratford, east London.
Speaking to reporters on Sunday afternoon, Ms Mahmood said: “I think the most important thing that people need to hear from their Home Secretary is that I’m doing whatever it takes to secure our border.
“And that is what I’ve been absolutely laser-like focused on from the moment I became the Home Secretary, taking all of the measures that I know are needed in order to secure our border.”
As we know, under the Starmer regime, 'laser-focused' was the zippy metaphor for Ministerial determination to make something happen.
It would be disappointing to find that 'laser-like focused' is the poor relation of 'laser-focused', akin to something such as pork-like sausages, milk-like coffee additive or meat-like pie filling.
6 comments:
It'll be laser-charged, turbo-started, and kick-focussed.
"I think the most important thing that people need to hear..."
Yeah, we don't need to hear, we need to see
dearieme - if they are all kick-focussed we should see some headlines.
Bucko - good point, talk is cheap.
Yet another meaningless political mantra. Shirley, political decisions appear to show the usual suspects going in haphazard directions while blindfolded. Still, they no doubt (think) they know what they are doing, 'going forward'.
Penseivat
Penseivat - yes, it's another meaningless political mantra. They are very odd people who don't appear to know anything much but their own mantras.
Post a Comment