Pages

Tuesday, 11 August 2026

Books or Nails



A local bookshop closed down about a year ago. It didn’t stay empty for long before opening again as –

Nails, Head, Spa, Brows & Lashes Studio

I reckon that says something about the modern world.

4 comments:

dearieme said...

Doesn't it say that you can buy books cheaper online but not nail "treatment"?

A K Haart said...

dearieme - yes it does say that, which is probably why I never went in. Yet I have bought one or two real books in the past year or so, books I don't think I would ever have found online.

Bill said...

Doesn't it say people don't have the attention span for books but do have enough to indulge their idea of vanity?

A K Haart said...

Bill - I don't know, you would see much the same thing if large numbers of regular readers have moved from books to Kindles as Mrs H and I have.

Attention spans for reading do seem to be shorter though. I remember comments about shorter and shorter newspaper articles being made over 20 years ago. Now we see a growth in short videos.