Pages

Sunday, 9 August 2026

Cambridge had been hoping to just wait out the news cycle

 

3 comments:

mikebravo said...

Copy and paste my comment from the previous post.
The virtuous can never be wrong. Apparently.

dearieme said...

But we're in the "silly season" so the papers are desperate for a good scandal story that develops over a couple of weeks. How naive of "Cambridge" - clearly the teacher training arm of the university isn't the only hideout of crooks and fools.

I wonder whether any paper is looking into the academic histories of the Vice-Chancellor and the Head of the Faculty of Education. If you don't look you won't find.

A K Haart said...

Mike - "The virtuous can never be wrong" and that is their ethos, fake virtue lies at the core of what they are.

dearieme - "I wonder whether any paper is looking into the academic histories of the Vice-Chancellor and the Head of the Faculty of Education."

I hope so, but the news cycle moves on, research takes time and they probably have no wish to upset too many influential crooks and fools. Copy and paste something from Reuters is easier and cheaper.