Meet the new energy minister who believes lower growth is “good news”
Before becoming an MP, Katie White, the new energy minister advocated for GPs to treat “climate grief” and councils to pay for “guided mindfulness works”, reveals Arthur Reynolds
Last week, I brought news of our new Energy Secretary Miatta Fahnbulleh’s crusade against cars.
Since then, things have gotten worse. Andy Burnham has made a former professional climate campaigner her number two.
It's worth making a valiant attempt to imagine suggesting that GPs should treat climate grief.
It's worth making another valiant attempt to imagine suggesting that councils should pay for guided mindfulness works.
It's worth making yet another valiant attempt to imagine appointing Katie White as Energy Secretary.
It's worth making a final valiant attempt to imagine voting for this person after having checked her "career".
7 comments:
Who votes these loonies into government.
I could do with some gov grief counselling. Or maybe some decent drugs!!
I am doing as you suggest in trying to rationalise this witless drivel. My sterling efforts have failed; this is beyond parody.
PS, please don't say 'gotten.' One of my minor twitches.........
Mike - I tend to blame voters, but political parties choose election candidates in the first place and they must know about their a lack of real-world experience. Maybe that's seen as positive though.
Anon - I was in two minds about using the story because of 'gotten'. Maybe AI stuck it in.
I must have misread the very last word of your post as I'm sure it said, 'Carer'...
These people are expert at making fatuous, unhelpful remarks, but it's a trait they have to prove when socialism is their mantra.
Scrobs - it may as well have been 'carer' because she seems to need some kind of guide to the realities of life.
We need pragmatic politicians not obsessive activists!
But I don't understand what's wrong with 'gotten'. It's a perfectly correct english word. Many so-called americanisms are older english forms, preserved in the US after being taken there by the early settlers. That doesn't of course excuse their simplified spellings and downgrading of the letter 'u' which is a different issue.
Woodsy - we do need pragmatic politicians, but too many voters don't vote for them. Politically, pragmatism seems to be hard to sell.
Yes 'gotten' is an old word but to my eye it now comes across as a casual Americanism and given an option I'd leave it out.
Post a Comment