Pages

Thursday, 30 July 2026

Can you deny grass?



Federal scientist picked by Trump fights back at being called a ‘climate denier’ – ‘How exactly do you deny a noun? Can you deny baseball? Can you deny grass? Can you deny mountains? Climate exists’


Dr. Matthew M. Wielicki, Director – United States Global Change Research Program: “How can I simultaneously ‘deny climate change’ while constantly talking about past climate changes, ice ages, warm periods, droughts, floods, and the natural variability recorded throughout Earth’s history?”


A neat way of putting it, there are lots of other examples using proper nouns.

Can you deny Ed Miliband?
Can you deny the BBC?
Can you deny the Guardian?

3 comments:

johnd said...

It has come to the stage now that if I hear or read the words " Man Made Climate Change" I automatically discount anything else that the speaker may say. .

Scrobs. said...

I was 'denied' a refund recently, but it wasn't a noun, it was ninety quid!

A K Haart said...

John - I tend to do that too, but the battle is not yet over.

Scrobs - ninety quid? Give them a stinker of a review.