Yesterday we didn't receive the national alert on our phones because we have it switched off. We have no intention of doing anything which could start a wildfire anyway.
I formed an opinion quickly. A national alert was disproportionate - but revealed that the current set of the Powers That Be *love* exerting control over the general population mostly because they cannot exert control anything else.
I think it is unlikely that we will see a national alert about the influx of illegal immigrants any time soon.
Stupid waste of time, as always sensible people don't need to be told the obvious while idiots will take no notice. Had he announced a mandatory 3year jail sentence and payment of financial reparations for anyone starting a wildfire either deliberately or through gross negligence it might have helped.
DJ - "I think it is unlikely that we will see a national alert about the influx of illegal immigrants any time soon." Yes, it's most unlikely, so much so that we'd need an alert beforehand in case we don't believe it.
Peter - I'm sure you are right, it won't always be possible to block it.
Woodsy - good point, it would be better to deal with it more harshly.
6 comments:
I formed an opinion quickly. A national alert was disproportionate - but revealed that the current set of the Powers That Be *love* exerting control over the general population mostly because they cannot exert control anything else.
I think it is unlikely that we will see a national alert about the influx of illegal immigrants any time soon.
Turned off on mine, too. I expect it’s only a matter of time before an OS update fixes it so that you can’t turn it off.
Stupid waste of time, as always sensible people don't need to be told the obvious while idiots will take no notice. Had he announced a mandatory 3year jail sentence and payment of financial reparations for anyone starting a wildfire either deliberately or through gross negligence it might have helped.
DJ - "I think it is unlikely that we will see a national alert about the influx of illegal immigrants any time soon." Yes, it's most unlikely, so much so that we'd need an alert beforehand in case we don't believe it.
Peter - I'm sure you are right, it won't always be possible to block it.
Woodsy - good point, it would be better to deal with it more harshly.
I'm assuming that's smartphones which went off.
James - yes, not the practical ones.
Post a Comment