Pages

Friday 17 June 2022

Better than a week off work



We’re back from Norfolk after a very peaceful holiday. Saw lots of wildlife, managed lots of reading, drank lots of coffee and as WiFi was so slow I left the laptop unopened apart from getting rid of some spam on the blog.

Even a week of relative isolation from media babble is deeply restorative. Better than vitamins I suspect. Unsurprising I suppose. Rather like a week off work but better, because Monday morning doesn't loom large after the bags have been unpacked.

Oh well - time to see what the loons have been up to.

2 comments:

Sam Vega said...

Welcome back! While you have been away, there was a brief moment when inflation was under control and NHS waiting lists dropped to zero. As a result, someone invented a hydrogen engine that suits cars and jet airliners equally well, and which makes your house warm. But then global warming kicked in, and the earth heated up to such an extent that all life is now extinct.

A K Haart said...

Sam - thanks - I wondered if I'd miss that hydrogen engine. Curses. I also expected to see a solid state battery the size of a matchbox yet powerful enough to run a car. Maybe next week.