Pages

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Gardening in a changed climate

We paid a visit to Severn Trent's Carsington Water yesterday. The path across the dam was covered in puddles, but as we all know, that's down to wet-droughts caused by global warming. It explains all the mud too.

I took a photo of this interesting and informative notice about the thinking behind a drought tolerant garden at the visitor's centre. 


I'm not convinced the garden is an unqualified success, but then I'm not a climate scientist or a professional garden design consultant.


3 comments:

James Higham said...

You're enjoying this hiatus then, AKH? :)

Sam Vega said...

Brilliant - the best laugh of the year so far!

I will not dare risk an opinion on climate science, but in my view any garden with a prominent toilet has not been designed with much thought.

A K Haart said...

James - I just had to post that one.

Sam - and the bath, don't forget the bath.