Pages

Thursday 10 January 2013

School term tricks


As most parents and probably grandparents will know, schools can issue parents with fixed penalty fines of £120 per child for unauthorised absence. Heads and LEAs can give leave of absence for holidays, although if the Web is any guide, experiences seem to be mixed.

Penalty notices can now be issued to parents and carers for non-attendance of children at school as part of the Anti-Social Behaviour Act 2003.
Derbyshire County Council.

Take a look at Center Parcs prices before, during and after term time. The October half-term holiday varies by county round here, so guess which two weeks they are and which is the more common. Even so, I expect Center Parcs would prefer a more flexible situation.

I've heard of one parent making the obvious calculation, although how common it is I don't know.






2 comments:

James Higham said...

This one leaves me a bit nonplussed.

A K Haart said...

James - me too.