Pages

Tuesday 29 December 2015

The man in the high caste

While browsing thorium-related issues I came across this piece from India. 10 Areas In Which India Beats Even The Most Powerful Countries In The World.

Journalists are fond of silly lists so nothing new there. I skipped down to the comments and this one jumped out at me. 

Almost all the reasons given to be proud are stupid (and somewhat incorrect) but I still love India, I don't need a reason. I think it's the best place for me to live. But I think if I was of lower middle class from a low caste, my attachment might not have been so unconditional.

The EU came to mind. It isn't difficult to see it separating into castes.

3 comments:

James Higham said...

Whilst browsing thorium-related issues ...

As is one's wont. :)

Demetrius said...

The EU already has it's caste systme , so just grovel like the rest of us and stop complaining.

A K Haart said...

James - only the mainstream stuff for me :)

Demetrius - yes sir, sorry sir.