Pages

Sunday 18 June 2017

Broken Kindle

My old Kindle has given up - charge it up one day and the battery is virtually flat by the following morning. I could buy a new battery off the internet but that may not be the whole problem so I've decided to treat myself to a new one, a slimmer, lighter touchscreen version which I'll hate at first but eventually I'll get used to it.

The old Kindle lasted about five years which isn't bad considering how intensively I use it and how often I drop it. At the moment I'm enjoying a beautiful sunny morning in the garden while waiting for the Amazon man to deliver the new one. Only ordered it yesterday. Modern life eh? Amazing technology and amazing organisations all mixed together with amazing insanity.

3 comments:

Scrobs. said...

Like all old mates, they eventually turn the corner and you don't ever see them again.

James Higham said...

Ah well that's where you went wrong - you need the old crank handle version.

A K Haart said...

Scrobs - best not dwell on it though, too sombre.

James - or even the old paper version - I suddenly realised I had nothing to read.