Pages

Thursday 31 October 2013

Loose change


I get rid of copper coins via the nearest charity collecting box. After all, you can’t do much with the piddling things and they lie heavy in the pocket.

However the other day it occurred to me that those tiny little five pence coins are pretty useless too, so why don’t I get rid of them in the same way?

Habit I suppose. I just hadn’t thought of it, but I notice some parking meters no longer take them and how else do you get rid of small change apart from parking meters or giving it away?

Ten pence pieces will go next I suppose. They are still moderately useful for local parking meters, but that’s about it and even a handful of the pocket-destroying blighters doesn’t buy much parking time these days.

Inflation eh? Isn't it great?

No comments: